NOTE: Windows 95 and 98 are no longer supported by Microsoft. While EFN's support staff will make every effort to help you connect to the Internet, we cannot guarantee that this older software will still be usable with our service.
1. From The Desktop:
2. Double-Click: My Computer
3. Double-click: Dial-Up Networking
4. Double-Click: Make New Connection.
5. Make New Connection will start the "Connection Wizard", which will walk you through the following steps:
6. Type in a name for your connection to EFN. This can be any name you want. You might want to call it: EFNPPP
7. Click: Next
8. In Eugene, the modem number will be 505-5009 ; see this page for numbers in other areas.
9. Click: Next
10. Click: Finish
11. Right-click: your new icon.
12. Left-click: Properties
13. Click: Server Types
14. Uncheck: [ ]Logon to Network
15. Uncheck: [ ]NetBEUI
16. Uncheck: [ ]IPX/SPX Compatible
17. Check: [X] TCP/IP
18. Click: OK
19. In Dial-Up Networking, double-click your new icon
20. Type in your username.
21. Type in your password. It will show up as a series of asterixes, like this: ********
23. Click: Start/Programs
Select an Internet application from the list of programs.