NOTE: MacOS 8 is no longer supported by Apple. While EFN's support
staff will make every effort to help you connect to the Internet,
we cannot guarantee that this older software will still be usable
with our service.
One of the first things you'll see after installing OS8 is
the Internet Setup Assistant. If you don't, you'll find it
in the "Assistants" folder
on your hard drive.
1. Double-click the Internet Setup Assistant.
2. Click the Update button.
3. Click the right arrow here.
4. Select "Add Internet
configuration" and click the right arrow.
5. Type in a name for the
configuration, then select Modem and click the right arrow.
6. Select your modem, the port you want to connect
to. Then select "Tone" and
click the right arrow.
7. In Eugene, your dial-up phone number will be 505-5009; see this page for
numbers in other areas.
8. Click the right arrow.
9. Select "No" here and click the right arrow.
10. The DNS Address is: 220.127.116.11 & 18.104.22.168
11. Then type EFN.org in the bottom box. Click the right arrow.
12. Type your email address.
13. Do not use the capital P here. Make sure there are no spaces.
14. Type your password
15. Click the right arrow.
16. Your "email account" (POP account),
for receiving email, is username@pop.EFN.org.
17. Your "e-mail host" (SMTP Host), for
sending mail, is smtp.EFN.org.
18. click the right arrow. Again, make sure there are no spaces.
19. Type news.EFN.org and click the right arrow.
20. Click Go Ahead, when you are ready. If you have selected the option above,
you will connect to the Internet now!
33733 Seavey Loop Road
Eugene, OR 97405